How bookmakers calculate forks
The bookmakers won. The offices have several ways to find forks and bait for ruining such players.
Bookmakers have several ways to calculate forks. Betting on arbitrage situations and being in the black for any outcome will not work for a long time. We analyze how BC find forks, how such players differ from ordinary ones and what consequences this leads to.
This article was published thanks to the Betting Academy
“Championship” and FONBET. Study sports betting, take tests, earn experience and win the leaderboard. Overtake the editor-in-chief!
Who are forks and how are they dangerous for bookmakers
Forks are players who use arbitrage situations, forks.
In the fork game, bets are placed on opposite outcomes. The difference in the coefficients gives a profit in any outcome.
For example, in the Rafael Nadal – Novak Djokovic tennis match, one BC gives a coefficient of 2.05 for the Spaniard, and the other gives 2.08 for the Serb’s victory. With the same amount of bets on both choices, you will be in the black in any case.
It is difficult to find bookmakers who are loyal to the forks. No one needs clients who play only in plus.
- Therefore, bookmakers may underestimate the maximum rates or even block your account if there is simply a suspicion of foul play.
- The rules of all offices provide for such an opportunity.
But how do the offices calculate the forks and why is it most difficult to play on arbitrage bets today?
Forks in sports betting:
What is a fork in sports betting: how does this strategy work for bookmakers
What distinguishes forks from ordinary players
To understand how bookmakers calculate forks, let’s list the differences between such players.
The main thing that distinguishes forks from ordinary players is the specifics of the cash flow on the gaming account:
- making deposits for large amounts;
- making bets on the entire or almost the entire bank;
- replenishment of the balance before the calculation of the current bet due to the new fork that has appeared;
- withdrawal of winnings due to the need to distribute money to different offices.
- What are bookmakers blocking for?:
Why bookmakers block accounts: how offices ban accounts and why they cut highs
How bookmakers calculate forks: the main ways
There are several basic tools for how bookmakers calculate forks.
Bets that are close to the amount of the maximum bet on the event are tracked.
Players who place bets close to the highs automatically fall under suspicion. It doesn’t cost a bookmaker anything to cut the limits for such a client.
Several bets on one outcome look suspicious. In order to avoid the maximum bets, the fork maker makes a bet on the same outcome several times.
But this does not help to deceive the bookmaker.
Forks often deposit large sums of money, although the previous rates have not yet been calculated.
This cannot but attract the attention of the BC security services.
Constant requests for the withdrawal of small amounts with a large cash balance is a clear sign of a forker who needs to redistribute money between different accounts.
BC employees responsible for identifying fork workers have accounts on the most popular fork services and forums. They track recommended bids, communicate with other participants, study their profiles and compare data.
Bookmakers can even use “bait fishing”.
By offering a clearly inflated coefficient, you can catch customers at large bets. Some offices go further — after the event, they cancel the results by announcing the wrongly set coefficients.
- The money is returned to the players, but for forks it carries a big loss. In another BC for this event, the player lost a large sum.
- The profit covering the losses was expected here, but due to the return of the bet, it is lost.
- Due to the fact that it is not difficult for bookmakers to find forks today, the game on arbitrage situations is becoming more and more difficult.
It does not justify the time spent, and large sums invested can be lost instantly.
And it is important to understand that the bookmaker should not irrefutably prove the violations committed to the client. Suspicion is enough to cut the highs, temporarily or permanently block the account, blacklist it.
This article was published thanks to the “Championship” Betting Academy and FONBET. Study sports betting, take tests, earn experience and win the leaderboard. Overtake the editor-in-chief!